Wednesday 2 January 2013

On The Ninth Day of Christmas

Not nine drummers drumming but nine cosy Christmas things.


May you be blessed with cosiness this Christmastide, with time "to be" rather than time in which you have "to do". May you know moments of freedom from deadlines and responsibility and be able to let go for a space, with the knowledge that the world will still be turning at the end of it and that all does not rest on your shoulders. May you return to everyday routines refreshed, rested and recreated as your best self, ready for all this new year will bring.

4 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed your "blessings" at the end of each post. and I like the sentiment here very much indeed. This time of rest is so precious, and it is fun to plan new things for the coming year.

    Lovely cosy images Elizabeth - that pale blue shawl is particularly lovely.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear E
    A lovely post again - I am enjoying the blessings too.
    It has been lovely to be away from work with the deadlines that are imposed and I have certainly relaxed over the Christmas break. The only problem is that I don't feel ready to go back yet!
    Best wishes for your own relaxation and refreshment for the New Year.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very valuable blessing - thank you! I have been enjoying 'being' at home very much, and even Ben, who is now back to work, still has that sense of holiday freedom in the evenings, which is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cosy things are my idea of cosy things - lovely, lovely, lovely. Not sure about the mistletoe though (!) but all the other pics have me sighing a sigh of longing.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me at Mrs TT's and comment. I love to read what you write.